Friday, February 26, 2010

Sleeping Beauty

My wife is a very beautiful women, but during her first trimester she is most beautiful when she is SLEEPING. One of my best friends gave me some of the best advise I have received thus far. He said " When your wife is tired encourage her to sleep and treausre this time ,because these are the last moments you will ever have to yourself"

At first I would make fun of my wife because all she wanted to do was sleep. She would get home from work eat dinner and by 8:30 would be in bed and hitting REMS sleep by 8:45. Now I encourage her to sleep because this is the time when I can feel like a man again. I can watch whatever I want on TV, I can play my Wii uninterrupted and simply enjoy some moments of silence. During the many endless hours when my wife is upon the living she tends to have many personalities, some good, most scary, but when she is at rest she is like a princess in a fairy tale. My wife becomes like the characters they use to adore as children, like SNOW WHITE... Warning Prince Charming don't DARE kiss her...just let her sleep, and SLEEPING BEAUTY, again Mr. Prince leave well enough alone, because if you wake her you will unlock an evil you never thought possible.
The minute the first yawn comes out of my wife's mouth I start planning the nights activities. It could be an action movie, it could be this blog, I can catch up on work, download music, whatever it may be I know I will be safe because the woman who was once your wife is sound a sleep. I have heard that this wonderful gift will vanish over time and my wife will become restless and unable to sleep...this is a cruel cruel progression, and I ask you all to pray for my well being. For now I treasure the words" I'm going to bed sweetness" and I let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment