Tuesday, February 16, 2010

False/Positve

Apparently when you take a pregnancy test the results can never really be a false/positive, however a false negative is possible. I wish someone had explained these little facts to my wife during the time we where trying. Just like the boy who cried wolf my wife apparently was pregnant every month until we got a true positive reading. If a symptom associated with getting preggo was to be had my wife had it every month...such as "My boobies hurt, I feel so tired, I'm so nauseous, I'm starving" Yet, just as every day ends in Y my wife got her period. I believe it is also a known fact that you should wait until after your late to take a pregnancy test, well my wife seemed to think that she should taker her test early just for kicks. When the test came back negative well then she would take another test a day after her scheduled friend was suppose to arrive..I truly believe the brand EPT stocks increased quite significantly during the year of us trying. I will never forget the time my mother was visiting us from South Carolina and they both had each other convinced this time she was really pregnant. So my wife jumps up runs to CVS and buys yet another test. I was sitting downstairs watching TV when I hear screaming coming from the upstairs bathroom " IT'S POSITIVE ". My mother and I jumped up and ran up the stairs to meet my wife standing in the bathroom in nothing but a towel. I have never seen a pregnancy test but as soon as I looked at the test I pretty much knew that the symbol in front of me was not a pink cross. My wife apparently thought the control line on top and the negative line on the bottom constructed a perfect positive sign...like I said false/positive. As you can imagine I started to become numb to all of my wife's false alarms. It was Christmas this past year we had a good month of trying and it was almost time to get her period. I begged her to not take another preggo test until she was truly late. I just wanted to enjoy my holiday without the possible disappointment of another false alarm. Do you think she listened um NOPE. I woke up Christmas morning and could tell by her fake smile that she had taken a test and it came back negative. I was truly disappointed I even thought this time my boys had finally made contact but I guess not. Two day's after Christmas my wife was feeling tired and sick she told me she was going to the store to get some Tylenol . My wife quietly slipped in the door and said she was going upstairs to take a nap. Ten minuets later I hear her screaming "SWEETNESS I'M PREGNANT" I must admit I didn't jump or get excited I calmly walked upstairs to witness yet another false/positive. When I looked at the test it was different this time one dark pink line was crossing over another faint pink line. Could this be real? Is it possible that even after her first test was negative 2 days earlier that she could really be preggo? YES it's possible that's why you should wait till after your late to take a test. After the many month's of mind games I needed more proof I needed a digital test no more pink lines. We ran to the store and purchased another test. I saved that digital word that said POSITIVE and keep it by my bathroom mirror just to remind myself every morning of the best day of my life....the day my wife was really pregnant.
So now it starts "What To Expect When She's Expecting"

1 comment:

  1. awesome, and Rob & I are pretty excited to become Uncle and Aunt!, i cant wait for more posts!

    ReplyDelete