Friday, February 19, 2010

The Circle

I would like to take a moment to apologize for last nights blog. It was late and I apparently did not proof read appropriately. I did say in blog one that my grammar and spelling was in no way up to par with the literary standards of publishing, so please just rate the actual content. I will in the future try and not blog late at night...late is after 9pm for me now...what happened?

The Circle

My wife and I have this little saying that we always remind each other of and that saying is that our love is like a CIRCLE. We say this after fights, when we are laughing, and to just remind ourselves that we are one unit. The meaning of the CIRCLE is that no matter where we are in the circle good or bad we will always be connected. I know this is cheeezy, but it's a great reference point for us in our relationship and this blog. Remember when I am discussing my wife's personal experiences that we are in this together- we are a CIRCLE...so laugh and enjoy on both our accounts.

At week 6 of our pregnancy we finally had the opportunity to meet with the Dr. and get our 1st Sonogram. The appointment was at 5:15, and I was sick to my stomach the entire day. It was raining relentlessly and I called my wife to remind her of our wedding day. On our wedding day it rained non stop all day, but even so it was the most amazing day of both our lives. Whenever it rains like it did on that May day we remind each other that monsoons in our case is a wonderful thing. The day of our sonogram was a monsoon. I met my wife at the Dr's office, I was wet and scared and felt like this could either be wonderful, or it could go bad. The nurse asked us to please come to back and wait in the little examination room for the sono tech. We waited for about 20 min. but it felt like hours. I decided to roll around on the chair, and play with some phallic instruments to help my wife relax. Apparently, relaxing is hard to do when your in a robe and your legs are in stirrups, so I could see she was getting annoyed. The sono tech knocked and entered the room, I quickly rolled back to my original position and reminded myself it's time to act like an adult. The woman had dark short hair and was not entirely friendly. She explained what she was going to do and got rite to business. At that moment I grabbed my wife's hand and looked directly into her hazel eyes and tried to be confident and strong. The woman inserted the instrument and immediately an image came up on the small monitor. We didn't know that the tech is really not allowed to speak and that it takes time to find the image needed for our results. I saw the tears start to well up in my wife's eyes, and she kept looking at me to see if I was able to see anything, and at the time I saw nothing. Just as my wife and I were about to completely com bust, the short haired lady turned the monitor towards us. It was a feeling that I never encountered before in my entire life. I squeezed my wife's hand and together we saw the image of our unborn child for the 1st time. The sono tech pointed out the heart beat and said everything looked just fine and the heart rate was 120 beats per minute. At that moment it hit me that I was really going to be a dad, and I too started to cry. I hugged my wife so tight, and at that moment more then ever I knew we would always and forever be a CIRCLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment